[pct-l] Is it too late for Southern Ca?

aslive at charter.net aslive at charter.net
Fri Jun 17 17:42:10 CDT 2011

Water and heat will be you major concerns.  July is no time to be doing
distance hiking in the desert unless you have cashed your own water
before hand and then night hiking with mid-day rests is best, as it can
get up to 120 degrees.

If you are willing to skip around a bit, you could do the mountains,
although you might want to consider hiking down hill instead of up,
again due to the heat.  The area near Idyllwild and Big Bear will have
the most shade.  The Angeles Forest will also have shade, although you
may find yourself hiking through some burned areas.

Shepherd