[pct-l] Help for Post hike depression:PHD

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jun 21 20:58:06 CDT 2011

There is no cure for PHD. The immediate "cure" is to plan your next
hike. You could do like me and try to finish all the rest next year.
Or you can plan to hike sections every chance you get. But the secret
is that when you get to the end of the trail, it's just as depressing
to be finished with it as it is to not finish somewhere in the
middle. So the only cure is to keep hiking. That's why I keep hiking.