[pct-l] Download Waypoints to GPS at public computers

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Fri Jun 24 14:08:41 CDT 2011

  Thanks--Halfmile also replied, so I got more info. I am hiking the
Colorado Trail in August and need to get 1200 waypoints onto my GPS.
--Fireweed

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Melanie Clarke wrote:

  Dear Fireweed,

Go to the Garmin web site and down load their program on "Converting
waypoints to points of interest".  You can store unlimited number of
"Points of Interest" on your GPS.  With this file, convert Halfmile's
Waypoints (down-load his file) to Points of interest and up-load it to
your GPS.

I had a smart person direct me through this step by step.  Then, I
watched a smart person do this for a friend for the entire PCT and it
worked both times.  I didn't actually do this myself.  Good luck!

Maybe more smart people can provide further instructions.

Melanie

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM, < mkwart at gci.net