[pct-l] all time high snowpack reached

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 02:09:42 CDT 2011

I think you're right.  We had tons of snow last year at this time, but we
still had cooler than usual weather all through June and into July, which
kept the runoff lower.  My group saw almost no postholing through the entire
Sierra, but we seemed to live on snow for 5 weeks.  It stayed cold enough to
keep the snow firm.  It was plenty scary at times, but not water over the
bridge above Tuolumne Meadows scary, as has been reported.  These guys this
year are getting the big snow and the warm weather causing more intense
meltoff.

Shroomer