[pct-l] Transit options for Northern California

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:26:55 CDT 2011

I have found that calling the local Sheriff's Office is a good way to get a
handle on safer parking where ever one plans to hike and leave a car.

I just call them, explain that I'm hiking a specific section of the PCT, and
(so far) have been given excellent advice. I also leave a note on the dash
about where I'm hiking, when I plan to return, and  (with a little built in
leeway) when to initiate a search if I have not returned. Include your cell
# and your emergency contact's cell #.

If they know about your plans they are not as concerned when a vehicle is
reported to them by passers by, they (usually) will patrol the area checking
on your vehicle, and  they act as a secondary emergency contact.

It has worked for me all along the PCT.

Quackers