[pct-l] Followup to the John Muir House Tour, Hike and BBQ, aka (A)BAPADZPCTKOMGBBQ*

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 00:29:37 CST 2011

You're on, (A)BAPADZPCTKOMGBBQ* it is! Great day, great hike and tour, and
food.  Thanks to you all.  Meeting and sharing stories with everyone I've
been talking to on this list since last year was just really fun.  To learn
that Lisa Freathy was the person Smiles gave a special flower lei to at last
years kickoff as a magical boost to helping her thru hike, as had been done
for Smiles the year before she thru hiked, was amazing.  Smiles told that
story numerous times over the summer so what a small world it is to have
that person walk in my door.  What a circle of syncronicity we all have in
this wonderful long distance hiking community.   Getting beautiful faces for
so many folks on this list was just really fun.  And a special thanks to you
who came up from way down in SoCal, (even though you say San Luis Obispo is
really central coast) or from the Sierra Foothills, (thanks jim and Penny
Bravo).  I learned from Shelly from Santo Cruz, that her partner had
explained her excitement at meeting all of us as simply being that Shelly
was "meeting her tribe."  So true.  I met a bunch more of my tribe
yesterday.

Georgi Heitman, (Firefly) showed up unexpectedly and it was so nice to see
her.  And today I climbed Mt. Diablo via the waterfall trail with Coyote and
Huff and Puff who went on the Colorado rafting trip with her.  The all day
trail stories we shared, and never got tired of, just goes to show what a
peculiar and wonderful bunch of folks we hang with.  I only wish my home
were closer to trail, as this Angeling stuff is fun!

Shroomer