[pct-l] footwear, blisters

Jim Bravo jimbravo2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:21:05 CST 2011

Just a note to add to JJ's observation regarding "heat" playing a
factor in blister formation. Some people, myself included, believe
that "dehydration" is a major contributor. The skin becomes less moist
throughout, loses the ability to transfer heat as well (cooling),
loses elasticity, etc. In fact, dehydration is a component of many
injuries. This is, in part, based on some old research of
ultramarathoners, a somewhat similar physical activity...can't
remember sources to quote anymore (how convenient). Also based on some
wild-ass guessing on my part as a former ultra-runner who got injured
a lot. YMMV (I believe this means I am right again).

Jim