[pct-l] Maps and such-

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:08:37 CST 2011

Jeez,I would think a good compass and Halfmiles maps could get a
person to the end. I will have HM maps,Compass,HM Enhanced GPS,and
some data ive wrote from various sources,and I think im over doing
it,but....... The first time I ever section hiked was PCT C-L(long
ago.....),we went without maps,the only thing I understood was that
the longest stretch in the pct without water was approx 35miles,we
start at one hwy and end up on another(sounds like a plan,basic,but a
plan),pack in pack out,try not to burn down the forest. I did have a
compass but it didnt see the light of day,I never had a problem,and
have done other stretches the same,and would memorize
waterholes,etc.... I have since learned of the internet,librarys,info
is so much easier now. So now yesterday,I purchased my first set of
PCT maps(yeah),and feel unstoppable now,as you can imagine,Hike On.