[pct-l] Warner Springs Address

Halfmile list at lon.net
Wed Mar 2 12:19:37 CST 2011

Sam,
FYI...Last year a few hikers had issues with packages sent to the
ranch. I would call the ranch before I sent any packages there.

I think this message is saying to send UPS or Fedex, if true the PO
Box would not be correct.
http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2010-May/037928.html

You can read a bunch more messages about this scattered through the
postings here:
http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2010-May/thread.html#start

I plan on sending my package to the Warner Springs Post Office. The
Warner Springs Ranch has probably fixed any issues they had, but the
post office is right across the road and won't be passing through on a
weekend. On my past hikes I have always used the post office without
any problems.

This is a good time to point out packages should be well sealed in
good boxes, clearly marked with an ETA and that you are a PCT hiker.

-Halfmile