[pct-l] Chaos On The PCT (now "Hammock Chaos On The PCT"?)

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:09:44 CST 2011

Crystal,

The only place I know they aren't allowed is at Lake Morena. The other
places you can't hang will be due to lack of trees or other suitable
supports. If you're creative though, you shouldn't have to sleep on the
ground often.

I do put my tarp up with my poles when sleeping on the ground, but why would
I want to use the hammock at that point? Mine stays in the pack when I'm on
the ground. Are you using it for the bug netting perhaps? I guess it could
provide some warmth too by blocking wind under the tarp.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Crystal Mcdowall <crystal_mcdowall at yahoo.com