[pct-l] Food question from Mid life Crisis

David Mason Bigdave at bigdavemason.com
Fri Mar 4 12:48:01 CST 2011

Thanks to your feedback I've found someplace to take my (puny) 100 mile
walkabout to celebrate my half century on the planet..the San Rafael
Wilderness. Now I have food question...

I've made a proposed food list...Just want to see if you guys think I have
it right...

10 day walk (stroll)
100 Miles
3,600 Calories per day
16.8 Lbs of food
134 calories per ounce
$17.64 Per day
.66 cent per calorie

Homeostasis is around 2,800 calories for me (I'm 6'6" 320 {down from 350
it's amazing what walking a lot will do for you}) I'll burn another 2,000
calories per day walking. Despite my efforts I'll still be carrying a nice
chunk of body fat around with me for my trip.

A few questions..

1- Am I safe planning to consume body fat or will I be starving every day?
2- Does my calories per ounce ratio look ok?
3- Does my $'s per ounce look ok?

Shaka Zulu
Aka Mid Life Crisis