[pct-l] budget gear list for pct?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:29:13 CST 2011

Just a note on Dri Ducks.  Several in the party I started with used them,
and they would have been great except that we did have to use them!  The
overgrown chaparral of some of the desert sections just tore them to shreds.
 We used duct tape and glue to make it to kick off and there I bought a new
pair of nylon rain pants.  We had some really cold, wet  weather in the
deserts and I was counting on them as a wind shell too.

If the weather is warmer this year, they'll be fine, and I like them on open
trail for the same reasons mentioned above, just don't sit on a rock and
scoot around.  Be careful with them, they are quite fragile.  If you check
the long range forecast however and find that the storm door is still open
in CA. when you start, I wouldn't rely on them.

Shroomer