[pct-l] Food question from Mid life Crisis

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 21:12:42 CST 2011

Thanks Eric

Disagreement is unavoidable. I will write briefly ( it's my lunch time )

My description on fat and carbohydrate  is based on "Exercise
physiology of mountaineering and climbing" by Masayoshi Yamamoto
(Japanese, published in 2000).  He is a professor of National
Institute of Fitness and Sports in KANOYA and also a famous climber in
this field. This is not my opinion.

We can use fat as an energy source in less efficient way than
carbohydrate. We can train ourself to use fat, but, we cannot  perform
our maximum power with the "dense food". ( The ideal proportion  might
be indicated in Armstrong's book ).