[pct-l] PCT Rituals

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Mar 5 09:08:57 CST 2011

I carried cards, too. I printed them up from business card paper you
can get in any office supply store. I simply put my name, phone and
email address. I put my trail name, too, so the person who I gave it
to would know it was me, but I also put my real name on it. This
turned out to be pretty useful because I gave one to someone out on
the trail. It was raining and we were both pretty miserable. We
wanted to get a room at Snoqualmie Pass. I told him I'd get the room
and tell the lady at the desk if a man came asking for me, that it
would be okay to contact me. By him having my real name, it meant he
didn't have to ask the lady at the front desk for "Piper."

Nowadays I carry small paper cards that have web addresses for
various lightweight gear companies. If someone out on the trail asks
me about my lightweight gear, I can hand them a card.
Diane