[pct-l] pooh tent or eeyore hut

Gary Swing homelessontherange at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 17:52:23 CST 2011

I couldn't find any Eeyore Tents on sale, but I did find a Winnie the Pooh Hunny
 Pot Hideaway Tent for sale on Ebay for just $33.99:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/220693788703?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Personally, I prefer to keep pooh out of my tent. It's more sanitary that way.

I wasn't familiar with the term "Eeyore Hut," but I found a photo of Eeyore's hut, labeled "Eeyore's Gloomy Place." It's just an A-frame made out of cut logs. It seems like it would be an ultra-heavy shelter to
 strap onto a backpack, yet it wouldn't keep out the rain or bugs. Very cheap, though. I thought Zack was joking about machetes in his other thread, but maybe the idea was to construct Eeyore huts every night? Possibly inconsistent with leave no trace camping practices....

I have a Black Diamond Megamid I don't use. It's big enough to invite all your friends to sleep with you, but there's no mosquito
 netting. Personally, I prefer a tent to keep out the creepy crawlies.

Cheers,

Gary

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."