[pct-l] SIERRA SNOW REPORT.... Good News & Bad News

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Mar 6 06:48:59 CST 2011

  SIERRA SNOW REPORT.... Good News & Bad News

**

Hi gang,
Just got back from another week of skiing at Mammoth in the Sierra with good news and
bad news.

First of all...."Trouble" is back in town which, of course, is good news for the girls
but bad news for the guys.

Second....I'm in town for a very limited time only, which is good news for the guys but
bad news for the girls.

Third....Mammoth Mountain, this season, has already received 442" of snow this season
and more is forecast for this weekend which, of course, is good news for  "Ski Bums"
like me but bad news for  "Hiker Trash"  like you.

Seriously guys, forget all the low snow year predictions for the Sierra you heard in
January....do the math....the average seasonal snow fall at Mammoth over the last 40
years has been 342".
We already had 442" so far, more is forecast for this weekend and the average for the
remainder of the season over the last 40 years has averaged around 100".
So, if you add 100" to 442" you got 542" which is right in line with last years 547" and
last year was considered a very high snow year.

But don't be scared....be prepared ....take Ned's snow course.

JMT Reinhold
The ski bum