[pct-l] Thru-Hiking On A Budget

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 16:22:51 CST 2011

I totally agree with Joseph (sorry I can't remember if u had a trail name) as
far as the angels are concerned and I have emphasized loudly on taking care of
ur angels and also have noted it in my notes for the book I am writing and one
day will complete. As for those two guys I know that did the hike for 500
bucks...no outside help. One of them had plenty of money to spend, he just
wanted to see if he could do it...and he did! I hiked with him I know! I
personally don't think I could do it for that little but 1000...easy! As far as
either of them taking advantage of the angels and the caches...guess again. They
are both great guys! One of them even returned to the Dinsmores just before last
years season b/c he was biking across america. As for the hiker boxes...I can
tell u right now alot of that food gets tossed at the end of season...if u get
to it first and ur not greedy about taking it all, everyone will have a chance
to have fun! It's there for hikers to have...why waste it!

As for the best hiker boxes:

let me just add that Crater Lake was my all time score! as was Fish Lake...just
sayin

Happy hiking y'all and don't forget to help out the angels!

Sugar Moma