[pct-l] Bearikade: Weekender or Expedition

dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com
Wed Mar 9 08:54:49 CST 2011

Mango - you are the only person I have run into so far that is using the
Aether 70 which is what I use.  I don't carry the day pack and have modified
a few items on it to get some weight off.

I guess I am just interested to hear some confirmation on this pack for a
PCT hike. I have never had to carry a bear can before. Do you know if the
large bear can will fit?

For me the support system of the pack is the main thing that I like. If they
used a lighter bag material and no zippers that would suit me fine.  Mine is
about 4lb without the day pack and with some straps shortened and others cut
off that I don't use.

I have been wrestling with getting a lighter pack but this is likely what I
will use.  I hear allot about the ULA Circuit but also that it does not fit
the bear can very well. I have the small ULA CDT which is great for 20lb but
won't handle my full gear and water, much less the bear can. Although I know
this pack has been used, not sure how, certainly with a UL base load.