[pct-l] Pack weight?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 9 19:49:41 CST 2011

That seems awfully heavy if you ask me. My gear weighs approximately
thus:
Pack: Just over 1lb
Bag: 1lb
Tent: Just over 1lb

Some light $$ alternatives.
- The bargain bin at the ULA booth Kickoff. I got a pack there for
only $40.
- Equinox makes good, cheap gear. You could use a nice 8x10 tarp. Add
a mosquito net.
- Sometimes you can find military-style net tents pretty cheap. The
A-16 bug bivy thingie works pretty well and is reasonably priced.
- Sleeping bag: The Campmor 20 degree down bag is considered a
reliable good bargain. Otherwise, I think you are better off spending
the most money on the sleeping bag and getting a light one.