[pct-l] Map Weight

Halfmile list at lon.net
Wed Mar 9 23:38:30 CST 2011

Jim,
I don't have an exact answer but:
50 sheets of HP Bright White Inkjet 24 lb paper weighs 9.7 ounces on
my scale. This is slightly heavier than normal paper, but good for
double sided printing on inkjet printers. The 2011 maps have 473 pages
so that should work out to 237 sheets of paper at about 46 ounces. I
doubt the ink adds much weight. This compares to 62 ounces for the
three Wilderness Press Guidebooks on my scale. Even if the ink adds a
few ounces and maybe you trim off the WP covers and indexes I think my
maps will be a pound or more less.
-Halfmile
www.pctmap.net