[pct-l] Pack weight?

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:53:12 CST 2011

Just calibrate your balloon to suspend your base weight. You can at least
carry your food and water ;)
How will you refill the hydrogen you cooked with at town?

My concern would be the balloon blowing around.

You did bring to mind another benefit this might provide. For a nobo hiker,
the balloon could provide shade since the Sun is usually at your back.

I know this was all in jest, but now I'm curious. Has anyone tried this? I
did a quick search and can;t find anything. I wonder what the problems are.
Maybe changing elevation causes issues? Would helium escape (hydrogen would
make me nervous)?