[pct-l] Just good advice from "Iceaxe"

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:52:02 CST 2011

What about a very minimal snowshoe Ned? I know spring snow is
different,but you talk of alot of postholing. It only took one bad
posthole a couple months ago and my foot swole twice the size of the
other in hours,but it didnt feel too bad,and went away the next day. I
know most wont,but im gonna ship a pair and if I dont need em ill send
em back. Heck I use mine till june sometimes on Donner Summit,and as
you say,if your already going slow,why not try to avoid these trip
threatening injuries from the magic postholes? And it would help that
bloody calf. Anyway,I know you are a sage of the mountains,and im not
interested in wasting your time,but if its a bigger year than it
already looks like on the PCT,would snowshoes help you in a highhhhhh
snow year if weight was a non issue? Thanks,and Hike On.