[pct-l] foods you would never pack again

Matthew Edwards Hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 23:21:57 CST 2011

You absolutely DO NOT need to mail yourself OATMEAL.
Even if you love OATMEAL there will be plenty of OATMEAL in every hikerbox.
OATMEAL was so readily availiable that i think a person on horseback could have
both fed them self and their horse on the abundant OATMEAL found in the hikerboxes alone.
I found steelcut OATMEAL, quick OATMEAL, flavored OATMEAL, OATMEAL in packets, OATMEAL in baggies,
and mystery OATMEAL in every hikerbox from Mt. Laguna to Stehekin.
I love OATMEAL.. but, holy hole in the donut, there's a glut of it on the PCT!
Well.. there's the OATMEAL I sent myself ,but put into the hikerbox by the pound, and then theres'
the matter of the Anchovie Paste I sent myself but never ate.. and put into the hiker box. :)