[pct-l] foods you would never pack again

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Fri Mar 11 00:10:00 CST 2011

Any kind of pasta grows old over time.  There is nothing like warm,
sticky, undercooked, "make it seem good by calling it al dente" pasta.
Boil the water.  Let the pasta soak.  Hah!

And after a couple weeks you realize you're carrying a lot of air with
that macaroni or rotilli or???  About the only pasta worth carrying is
spaghetti - you're not carrying air in your baggie.

I remember choking that stuff down because I was hungry and knew if I
buried it (and I've buried lots of pasta) I'd be hungry later.  Choke,
snort, cough, swallow, grunt, moan.  No more pasta please!!!

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD - where after a 50 degree day the snow is melting, the vales
between hills are filling with water, and skunks are the most visible
form of current roadkill.  Prairie dogs come in April when the snow is
gone and the roads are warm but the earth is frozen still.