[pct-l] Best iphone gps app

Halfmile list at lon.net
Fri Mar 11 16:38:05 CST 2011

My favorite iPhone GPS apps are:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/basic-gps-now-utm-mgrs-email/id293699773?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/topo-maps/id306014271?mt=8

Basic GPS has nothing to load, but you will need paper maps with UTM
grids printed on them. If your unfamiliar with UTM see this:
http://www.maptools.com/UsingUTM/quickUTM.html

Topo Maps allows downloading of USGS topo maps and importing of
waypoints for offline viewing. You will want to pre-load data when you
have a WiFi connection.

-Halfmile
www.pctmap.net

ps - Backcounty navigator is good too, but it's an Android App.