[pct-l] PCT cost planning

Jim Bravo jimbravo2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:40:38 CDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Vicky mattson <vicky.mattson at gmail.com> wrote:

"I already maxed out my credit card buying food and gear"

PCT Hikers:

Need a little help with the ever-rising cost of thru-hiking? Credit
cards maxed out? No job to return to? Tired of seeing everyone else
get a room in town while you sleep in patch of manzanita behind the
gas station? Tired of forcing down another dollop of oatmeal/corn
pasta mixture from the hiker box? Are you dying to have the latest
freakishly fashionable 4-ounce cuben-fiber
"poncho/parasail/tent/skirt/hitch-hiking sign thingie? Bad credit or
no credit at all? Well, have we got good news for you! Just come to
the kick-off and apply for the all new ADZPCTKO Thru-Hiker MasterCard,
replete with a picture of Billy Goat lounging at Warner Springs!! You
herd (sic) it right. Booth 27, just before the portable confessional
booth and commercial outfitters area.

Zinger
Sales Associate

(cease and desist disclaimer: ADZPCTKO organizers had absolutely
nothing to do with this)