[pct-l] Central Sierra backpack routes for

Roger Carpenter rogercarpenter at comcast.net
Mon Mar 14 22:37:02 CDT 2011

This is slightly off-topic.  A friend of mine wants to do a one-week or so
backpack trip with his daughter in the Sierras during mid-May.  His daughter
is attending college in Oakland, so that is where the trip originates from.
I told him the high passes are full of snow, but I suppose it is possible he
could find some lower trails that would not be as challenging snow-wise.  It
may be necessary for him to expand his potential areas to hike to include
coastal mountains or the southern-California PCT.  Would anything in
Yosemite be snow-free?   If you know of a route or general location my
friend could backpack for a week, please let me know.  Thanks!

Roger Carpenter

PCT 96