[pct-l] Lost Coast

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:50:08 CDT 2011

Just my two sense as a care-taker of three very love-able Labrador
Retrievers...I think it is actually very irresponsible to always have your
dog *on* a leash.  Dogs need to run.  They need to play.  My dogs need to
jump into ice cold rivers after thrown sticks (and I'll be darned if I'm
gonna lead them in there on a leash).  Dogs are God's creatures and they,
like us, deserved to be treated with respect; for dogs that means getting
them off leash and letting them enjoy their physical gifts and their natural
curiosity about nature. No city dog park can really accomplish that. There's
nothing like getting out there off-leash with your dog. It makes the world a
better place.

Of course, like people, you have your occasional bad egg dog (some breeds
have a well-deserved reputation), but that's a minority (at least in most
places, and no I can't speak for Northern California).  Owners need to know
their dogs and of course work with their dogs so that they respect the
people they meet on the trail.

River