[pct-l] Tarptent Contrail - was one person tent

dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com
Wed Mar 16 22:24:42 CDT 2011

Jeffery - yes I do use the optional center line at the front and at the
back.  At the front I put the line under my vestibule and extend it out for
a taught and larger vestibule area. I also "lightly" stake out the sides
which helps in the wind and with the previously mentioned potential mesh
leak problem on the sides, which has not been a problem for me.  I use a
total of 8 stakes, not 4 that come with it. Four of my stake are 8" so I
have a sand option and 4 are 4" thin for harder ground. I let the ground
conditions dictate which stakes are used for the 4 primary corner points.  I
have also experimented with the rear pole and you can now order one for that
purpose from Tarptent. So far I just prefer to stake it with a line. This
may sound a little bit geeky but the little things make a big difference
with this tent. Just don't plan to hunker down for 3 days of rain in it, at
least in my experience.