[pct-l] PCT Beer Story

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 17 20:30:36 CDT 2011

Good evening,

On the occasion of St. Patrick’s Day I’ll tell a PCT beer story.  On a
short, but dry, section I carried a bottle of beer with me as the ultimate
day’s end treat.  I had the idea to put the bottle in a creek near my
proposed campsite and by the time camp was ready the nirvana would be cold
and waiting.

Just before camp, as the trail crossed a rocky hillside, I misplaced a step
and tumbled down about 8’, hitting every bump and point on the way.  After
picking myself up and determining my bones were still intact I suddenly felt
something wet running down the back of my leg.  My immediate plea was, “Oh
Lord, please let that be blood!”

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09