[pct-l] Droid X GPS w/Halfmile's waypoints

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 05:14:21 CDT 2011

Nice instructions.

For other Android users who do not want to pay, there is an alternative app
called OruxMap.  OruxMap doesn't have a cool name, but it has all of the
major features BCN does.  I like the 'tracking' feature in OruxMap better,
but importing the PCT waypoints seems better in BCN...because of the
preservation of icons.  I found that OruxMap has a map called Cloudmap that
had a very distinct red line representing the PCT.  I'm not sure if it had
the whole trail but its worth checking out.

Also, I was able to download offline BCN maps (MyTopo) for each section of
the PCT with no memory issues...at a 15 zoom...etc.