[pct-l] trekking poles with lever lock

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 13:00:09 CDT 2011

Steel eye's posts are always good advice to take;  but I wonder if a pole more likely to slip at the wrong moment might lead to hurt ankles, other falls etc.  Vs a pole that won't slip;  it might break but would be far less likely to do so...

... I have had my BD ergo corks slip on me before,  in a heavy volcanic dust area they weren't tight enough and eventually slipped about two inches... I didn't fall,  but at the wrong moment would have fallen the same had they broke or slipped two inches either way.

If breaking the poles is a concern the BD poles are easy to leave a little looser so they will slip under hard strain...

Sent from my iPod