[pct-l] Gun on the PCT

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sat Mar 19 15:44:58 CDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Gerry Zamora <gerry0625 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What are the chances that you will be attacked
> mostlikely slim to none does that mean there is no need to prepare?

If you are going to carry a pound of protection for every possible
danger, even the "slim to none" ones, then you will never make it to
the end of the trail.

IMHO, as a culture we spend way too much effort worrying about the
small things, and not enough worrying about the big stuff. The news
media, is really good at stoking our fears (especially one station 7%
owned by a Saudi Prince)

But in reality you are more likely to die in your car than just about
anywhere else, and how much do most people really know about
automotive safety? We have been made afraid of "small cars" but in
reality they are safer. The most dangerous car on the road (for the
occupants) is the Ford F-150
http://www.gladwell.com/2004/2004_01_12_a_suv.html

Or my neighbor who was ranting about the dangers of BPA in her water,
between drags on her cigarette. Give me a break.

-Brick
My personal opinion, not as list admin.