[pct-l] trekking poles with lever lock

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Mar 20 10:06:52 CDT 2011

It's just a hiking stick, not crutches. Your lever-lock pole can also
suffer an unexpected collapse if a) you stick it in a hole you didn't
see or b) you didn't tighten the levers.

Just think of all the millions of times your feet slipped beneath you
or you stepped on a loose rock or a slippery log and you managed to
right yourself and hike on. Your ankles didn't break then.

I know it's still a few weeks before everybody leaves, but please
please stop what-iffing yourselves to death. In a few weeks, none of
this is going to matter anymore.

Diane