[pct-l] SIERRA SNOW REPORT

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 07:28:41 CDT 2011

Hi gang,
You can't belief how much snow there is on Mammoth Mountain until you
ski it.
Mammoth got another 44  - 70 inches over the weekend bringing the total
for the season to about 500 inches.
That is a hell of a lot of snow and more is on the way.
The current base depth (snow pack) is 14 to 21 feet, depending on
elevation, and Mammoth Mountain is only around 11,000 ft.
That is way above normal.
You figure....but it is not hard to figure out what that means to the hiker.
It means good news for ski bums like me......but bad news for hiker
trash like you.
You might want to consider taking Ned's snow course.
I think this is going to be a long ski season for ski bums like me and a
high snow year for hiker trash like you.

JMT Reinhold
Your ski bumming trail companion