[pct-l] dri ducks for rain gear

jape1 at cox.net jape1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 11:02:16 CDT 2011

I bought them, I used them, and for me, the weight savings was a sufficient incentive to keep them.  In one 6 hour sleet and rain day, they tore (repairable) and leaked.  I don't move fast enough to sweat much, and I don't like to carry the weight of a dry set of clothes.  I'm shopping for different rain gear.

They did keep me dry enough in an emergency use sense.  I would have been dry enough to survive a chilly night.  I don't know how much more wet I would have been in a second day of hiking.  In my opinion, If you're looking for Tyvek style rain gear, Frog Toggs are superior, though not spectacularly so.