[pct-l] A GREAT book for trail

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 20:49:20 CDT 2011

Hey, Gourmet,

You are right about John McPhee.   The worst book he ever wrote is better than 99% of of what's published today.  Geology in layman's terms is one of his many specialties - "Assembling California", "Basin and Range", "Rising fro m the Plains", and my favorite, "In Suspect Terrain".

Although not specifically about geology, I also strongly recommend "Encounters ith the Archdruid" and "Coming into the Country", set in rual Alaska.

Mango