[pct-l] Permit

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Mar 22 02:28:13 CDT 2011

What  is a "standard visitor permit?" I've never heard of one nor seen
one. Is it a wilderness permit? Cleveland can issue you one good for
the whole trail from Mexico to the California border.

On USFS and BLM land south of San Jac I am pretty sure you only need
permits for actually camping in Hauser Wilderness, which no one in
their right mind would do on side of the hill where the PCT passes
through it
.
You do need a "fire permit" for operating a stove. I have never heard
of a "dispersed camping permit."

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/passes/

There are some high use areas near Mt Laguna that are closed to
dispersed camping

As stated, you do need a permit simply to be in the wilderness for San Jac.