[pct-l] R

dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com dnielsen at djmurphycompany.com
Tue Mar 22 10:03:50 CDT 2011

Diane - This is what I plan to carry. Anyone have comments/improvements on
that?

20 degree down bag (comfort is 30, lets face it)
Full length pad
Smart Wool midweight base layer, top and bottom
Light Long sleeve runners shirt
Light runners fleece (recently added this back into the mix)
Mountain Hardware sythetic compressor jacket
Beene
Rain pant or wrap
Rain jacket or poncho
Glove liners or all weather gloves
Rain mitts - ?
Merino Wool socks
Light convertible pants
Wide brim hat
Unbrella -?

For another 17oz I could carry my 35 degree WM bag and use the 20 degree bag
as a quilt. I think that would likely give me a zero degree rating. 3.7 lb
combo.

The compressor jacket is very light duty but makes a nice layer. Considering
carring a warmer jacket but not likely. Want to stay synthetic on the jacket
since my bag is down and tent is single wall. i.e. I want a full synthetic
or wool layer.

Dave