[pct-l] Handheld GPS Recommendations

Ron Dye chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Tue Mar 22 22:44:38 CDT 2011

Just have to jump in here.  I used an Oregon in 2009 for my thru-hike and
found it unsatisfactory.  Because it was a touch screen device it was
frustrating to change screens when I didn't intend to.  Most frustrating was
when I dumped 900 miles of waypoints without even trying.  I took it back to
REI.