[pct-l] Station Fire Detour: Any other options than a 40 mile road hike?

dnlcyclone at aol.com dnlcyclone at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 00:14:41 CDT 2011

Just wondering if anyone might have any information on other options than the 40 mile road hike/Station Fire Detour from Islip Saddle.  It seems all the roads are paved, and I didn't know if anyone knew whether or not the roads are highly traveled, if there are "country dogs" in the area, or if there is a possible trail network to take instead; we don't care if the trail is longer, we'd just prefer to not hike along narrow/banked shoulders of paved roads.  When we we thru'd the PNT in 2009, the road hiking was far more dangerous than the bushwhacking, and we did some pretty serious/frequent bushwhacking.

Thanks,

David L.