[pct-l] Handheld GPS Recommendations

Ate Tuna atetuna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:19:58 CDT 2011

If you get a model with the touchscreens and plan to add lots of notes, you
might want to carry a stylus.  I get so many typos when trying to type with
my fingertips.  Also apply updates as Garmin seems to release new products
with lots of bugs.  I don't have the experience with different models to
make a recommendation, but my Oregon 550 has been serving me well for the
last year. My biggest complaint is that it's not as usable for wildlife
photography as I thought it would be due to the long boot time.