[pct-l] Fwd: Hammocks during ADZPCTKO

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Thu Mar 24 08:12:33 CDT 2011

Confusing that they say you can use a freestanding post system but then mention underground water and electric. I can't imagine they wasn't you digging holes deep enough to hold a hammock.

I've seen some creative use of the short phone poles that line the roads there, but it involved lashing taller poles to these. Of course you can buy freestanding hammock frames at big box stores but these are heavy and bulky for backpacking. Maybe we need a nanotube version

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net