[pct-l] KNIFE?

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 17:18:00 CDT 2011

When I get home tonight I will weigh my izula...it weighs less than most Swiss army knives. ...from a survival perspective a single blade, solid knife piece is a MUCH better choice than a multi-tool.

Obviously is the izula were available in vg-10 it'd be a far beter product but it would also cost 150$ instead of 40.  Worth every penny though... I asked ESEE if theyd make a custom one in a high quality steel for me and they said no : (

As for times when I would have been screwed without a knife,  absolutely!!!  But never in a thru hiking situation.  And never where a Swiss army knife could have helped... Typically in pine forests where I had a hatchet and a 6 inch fallkniven for tree downing and shelter building.

For the PCT any Knife will do really... A folding spyderco is cheap and effective

Sent from my iPod