[pct-l] Donner Summit,WOW!

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Mar 24 20:30:06 CDT 2011

I remember going up to Tahoe in the winter of 1969 - 6 - 10 feet of snow
on the roofs of cabins, drifts of 20' or more.  There was no room to
push snow.  Most cabins in Tahoe city/Kings Beach had tunnels dug from
the street.  Incline and Squaw had dug out the snow so lifts could get
above the surface of the snow.

The trip up to shasta ski area that year - the old one that an avalanche
destroyed, had 15' blue ice walls when the sun shone through.  it was
awesome...

Jeffrey Olson
martin, SD