[pct-l] Pillow

Jim McCrain jim at mccrain.net
Fri Mar 25 17:52:27 CDT 2011

I have been using the Flex-Air Dual Ultralight Pillow for several years now.  They are a lightweight, disposable medical pillow that are designed for single use.  However, I generally use ONE for an entire month on the trail.  I cover it with a "thermarest pillow case" but a piece of fleece will work just as well.  They DO "crinkle" when you move at night, as they are made of tyvek.  But they last a long time and are very comfortable.  I like the dual chamber versus the single chamber, as the single felt like I was bobbing my head on a balloon.  The dual chamber "cradles" my head quite nicely.  Here is a link to where I got mine: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/flexair_dual_ultralight_pillow.html

Cheers!

Jim