[pct-l] nPower PEG

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 19:55:36 CDT 2011

I am still going to question the viability and reliability of this
product to keep an iPhone powered.

Do I love the concept - heck yeah. I would even buy one IF it proved
to actually provide enough power to recharge the power-hungry iPhone.

But, I just don't know Kevin... seems like a huge risk at this point.
You've got what... 20-25 days left to get your gear in order... and
you want to go out on the PCT with something that will have very very
little trail proveness (guess I have to make up that word).

While I am a huge fan of solar systems, even the high dollar ones are
still risky.

If you are planning to use your iPhone for everything you have said
you are going to use it for Kevin, it will be a primary piece of
equipment for you. Why put yourself at risk with some product that
just had a circuit board issue. We both know what that means... and we
both should know that is not something that should be screaming red
flags - considering your time line, considering the inability for
anybody to get this product under review and actual on-trail miles.
Sigh, a whole host of red flags here Kevin...

As much as I may not like them, nor you like them, maybe those things
you throw batteries into and plug it into your device is the better
way to go at this point in time.

Just some things to consider.

John