[pct-l] games!

lee staley leestcoast at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:48:21 CDT 2011

Well, we all have "strategies" for getting down the trail. I tend to
"talk" to all the wildlife along the way - birds, butterflies,
chipmunks, marmots, etc. My usual incantation to them is "watch for me"
- short for "watch out for me" - thereby asking them to be guardians of
my "wayfaring". When I see a species that is common with my home base,
like the dark hooded juncos, it"s "Hey, I just saw your cousin last
week," or "this winter, fly over and find me, I'll have some good seed
out." However, my thought about keeping your mind occupied is that the
longer that you are out, the "quieter" your mind (and everyone else's)
will become. At some point, I bet if you are unconsciously singing, no
one will notice, it will just be a part of what is there!
Cruz Control