[pct-l] Bounce Box

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Mar 26 09:15:54 CDT 2011

A 5 Gallon bucket is awful big. Are there any 3 gallon ones you can
use? Scoop-Away cat litter containers are the right size. Make sure
whatever container you use has no labels on it that indicate some
kind of product inside. Even if your container has no laundry
detergent in it now, if the label says laundry detergent they will
not ship. I don't know if cat litter is also unshippable, but to be
safe, sand off the label or cover it in tape or stickers or
something. The lids can be taped for extra security. Just a quick
criss-cross of tape is all you need. People won't take anything out
but you don't want the lid coming off by accident.

A bucket is nice because it has a handle and there were some post
offices that made me walk a mile so the handle was nice. The priority
boxes are good, too, because there is always a fresh one available at
the post office.

Diane