[pct-l] nPower PEG

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Mar 26 09:23:41 CDT 2011

On Mar 26, 2011, at 2:01 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> the more data we collect, the more accurately we have the trail
> mapped.

I have to laugh here, sorry. First of all, I don't think there's been
a PCT hiker yet who has hiked every step of the trail. With snow and
fire detours it's not likely you'll get an accurate mapping of the
trail to begin with. And even if you get a good reading of the path
that YOU took, your chances of doing it again the same way are pretty
low considering there will be new fire detours, fire detours lifted
and new snow conditions next time you go. But enjoy your project. I
know it is satisfying to get the line that you walked marked on a map.